Oh Summer, we love you so.
The only thing cooler than an ocean spray, or ice-cold watermelon smacking your lips are the shoes on your feet, girl. They pull a breezy outfit together and have the power to transform a wrapped beach towel into a masterpiece! Today we’re sharing our favourite pairs for an unforgettable Summer.
1. The Gladiator. The gladiator has gone through some great transformations. We’ve seen it morph from studded strappy short styles to knee-highs with tribal accents like coins and pom-poms. You can style it with your high-slit maxi or with a fabulous shift dress.
2. The Printed Wedge. Our favourite for Summer. We love the tribal aesthetic, as well as the wedge in a floral print. They go great with minis and you can even rock it with high-waisted shorts and a bikini top.
3. The Platform Clog. Stylish and sophisticated. These babies will kick your confidence up a notch and make you feel on top of the world. Pair it with a great pant suit as pictured below or even with some killer culottes.
4. The Strappy Sandal. The epiphany of class. Nothing beats a delicate strappy sandal on a rooftop in Jozi with a bottle of Boschendal’s Brut Rose. You won’t want to experience a sunset without the two ever again! Pair it with a great cocktail dress or with your favourite skinnies and a sleeveless pussy-bow blouse.
5. Pool Sliders. Yea, you need them and they can just as well be amazing. Obviously you don’t want to slide a wet toe into your strappy sandals, so your sliders are ideal for pool parties. We’ve even seen some fashion bloggers wear them during fashion week, so it’s a fun trend to experiment with too.
Cover image by The Fashion Tag*