If you can only choose a few – these are them! Your handbag is your best friend and carries everything you need, or at least the bare necessities to get you through the next 24 hours. Honestly, I’ve never trusted a woman with a small bag (unless it was a clutch or a tiny Chanel messenger bag), so it’s a great idea to invest in a handbag where you can fit all these-must have accessories!
1. Sunglasses. You need one for every outfit, so just get used to the idea that you need a new pair quite often. I bought my first Chanel with my first paycheck when I got a job at a publication in my early 20s, and I have not stopped buying since. We absolutely adore these heart-shaped sunnies from Miu Miu for the new season!
2. This is what small purses are for. Coins. Keep it stylish with a gorge little coin purse that you can attach to your handbag or loosely chuck in and out when you need it. There are so many available with some of our favorites from Kate Spade New York and Tori Burch.
3. The ultimate accessory and so classic. A silk scarf is something every fashion savvy babe has, and sure, we know you won’t be carrying a silk scarf around in every handbag for ‘in case’ – but girl, it will save the day when the time comes. Keep it creative – we love these!
4. Your super cute iPhone case is the best way to show off your personality. It’s a great way to express yourself and you can get excited about changing it as often as you change your bag.
5. The Bag. Choose it wisely and know that you can never have too many! A structured handbag is a great start to a good collection. The saddlebag and tote are staples you will need, so choose a great quality bag that will last many seasons.
Cover image by The Haute Mess*